Boarding/Rooming Houses

Totten Insurance Group's boarding/rooming house coverage is designed specifically for owners of dwellings where rooms are rented out to unrelated individuals. Coverage is typically provided on a Named Perils form and can be provided for:

  • Building
  • Contents
  • Rental Income
  • Premises Liability

The policy is worded to prohibit cooking in rooms, and absolutely no hot plates are allowed.

Be sure to complete our Commercial Application including the Boarding/Rooming House section.

If tenants are students please refer to our Personal Lines Program for Student Housing, which may be able to provide broader terms, extensions and lower rates.

For new submissions please contact us toll-free at 1-888-868-8367, or email